The main advantages of using the flanging process for precision stampings
Stamping flange is a stamping process that turns the edge or outer edge of a part into a vertical edge under the action of a mold. The two basic forms of flanging are the inner hole flanging and the outer edge flanging.
So what are the advantages of using the flanging process for precision stamping parts?
1. flanging process can process stamping parts that have complex shapes, good rigidity and reasonable spatial shape;
2, can be widely used to replace processes like: the bottomless deep drawing, deep drawing then cutting the bottom;
3. It can replace the bottomless workpieces that can be made by other processes, so it can improve the production efficiency, save the molds for some deep drawing parts, and reduce the manufacturing cost of the workpieces;
4. When the stamping part is turned over, the outer edge (or the edge of the hole) of the precision stamping part only needs to turn the part which needs to be cut off into the desired shape, thereby saving the material;
5, can replace the drawing work of some complex shape workpieces, so the precision stamping parts flanging is especially suitable for small batch trial production.
More knowledge about precison stamping, you can see this video
The main cause of scrap rebound
1. The sharpness of the cutting edge.
The larger the rounded corner of the cutting edge, the easier it is to cause the scrap to rebound.
2. The modulus of the mold.
When stamping each station mold, the requirement of the modulus of the mold is certain, and
the modulus of the mold is small, which is easy to cause the scrap to rebound.
3. Is the clearance of the mold reasonable?
Unreasonable mold clearance is likely to cause scrapping of waste.
4. Whether the surface of the processed sheet is oily.