Summary of Common Problems and Analysis of Countermeasures,
in “metal Stamping parts” Die and Products
We are here share you 16Analysis of common problems in “Metal stamping parts” dies:
1. Scrap jumping for the metal stamping products
1) The length of the punch is not enough. Cut the punch into the die with a punch edge and add 1mm to replace the punch.
2) The die gap is too large, the cut-in reduces the gap or reduces the gap with the coating machine
3) The punch or template is not demagnetized, and the punch or template is demagnetized with a demagnetizer.
2. Metal stamping parts Waste material Jam caving
1) The punching and blanking hole is small or the blanking hole is biased to increase the blanking hole. Smooth metal stamping parts blanking tooling to solve the problem
2) The blanking hole has chamfering. Expanding the blanking hole and remove the chamfering
3) Without taper. Make the “metal stamping products” tooling taper or reduced the length of the straight wall.
4) The straight wall of the knife edge is too long. Drill the back side to short the length of straight wall.
5) The edge of the blade collapses, causing the burrs of the metal stamping parts too big. re-grinding the cutting edge
3. Poor appearance with metal stamping products
1) The edge of the blade collapses, causing burrs of metal stamping parts oversized. Re-grinding edge
2) The clearance between the punch and the die is too large. Adjust the clearance and make new
3) The metal stamping product die has a poor finish. Polishing the straight edge of the die
4) The clearance between the “metal stamping parts” punch and die is too small. Adjust the clearance again.
5) The top push material force is too large. Change the spring and reduce the top force.
4. The metal stamping parts trimming edges are not in order
1) The “metal stamping products” tooling Positioning offset. adjustment positioning
2) There is unilateral forming, pulling material to increase the pressing force. Adjust positioning
3) Feeding is not allowed. Adjusting the feeder.
4) The feed step is calculated incorrectly. Recalculate the step and re-set the position
5) Incorrect design, resulting in uneven knives. Re-cut the cut edge, the knife edge with insert.
5. The “metal stamping parts” tooling punch is fragile
1) Improper positioning of the material causes the punch to cut unilaterally, or the feeding device is broken due to uneven force. Adjusting the positioning.
2) Improper positioning of the material, causing the punching punch to cut unilaterally, adjusting the positioning or feeding device due to uneven force
3) The lower mold waste blocks the knife edge, causing the punch to break. Re-drilling the large drop hole to make the blanking smooth
4) (playing board) offset. The fixed part (plywood) of the punch is trimmed with the guide part or re-cut block to make the punch smooth up and down.
5) The plate is poorly oriented, causing the punch to be unilaterally stressed.
6) The punch edge is too short to interfere with the plate. Re-change the punch to increase the length of the blade.
7) The punch is not fixed properly, and it is tilted up and down. Re-fix the punch so that it cannot move up and down..
8) The punch edge is not sharp. Re-grinding the edge
9) The surface of the punch is strained, and the force is uneven when the material is removed.
10) The punch is too thin, too long, and the strength is not enough to change the punch type.
11) The punch hardness is too high, the punch material is wrong. Replace the punch material and adjust the heat treatment hardness.
6. Iron filings with the metal stamping parts
1) The rib is misaligned. Recalculate the rib position or bend position
2) The bending gap is too small to extrude iron filings. Re-adjust the gap, or grind the forming block, or grind the forming punch
3) The bending punch is too sharp. Repair the metal stamping products tooling R angle
4) There is too little material for the connection of the knife. Reconnect the knife
5) The rib is too narrow. Re-grinding the rib
7. Metal stamping parts forming bad
1) The forming die is too sharp, causing the material to crack. The forming punch is repaired by the R angle, and the R angle is properly corrected at the edge.
2) The length of the forming punch is not enough, resulting in failure to form the metal stamping products. Calculate the correct length of the punch to adjust the actual length of the punch to achieve the type requirement
3) The forming punch is too long, and the material at the forming part is deformed. Determine the correct length of the punch and adjust the actual length of the punch to meet the requirements.
4) Insufficient material in the forming section of the metal stamping parts, causing cracking. Calculate the unfolded material length of the metal stamping products, or repair the R angle, or reduce the forming height of the stamped part.
5) Poor positioning, resulting in poor molding. Adjust positioning or feeding device.
6) The forming gap is too small, causing cracking or deformation.
8. Bending size of the metal stamping part
1) The mold is not in place, causing angular errors or dimensional deviations. Adjust the closed height or angle
2) Insufficient elasticity, resulting in poor angle, dimensional deviation. Change spring
3) The material does not meet the requirements, resulting in poor angle. Change material or re-adjust gap deviation
4) Material thickness deviation, causing poor angle, size deviation. Determine material thickness, change material or re-adjust gap
5) Improper positioning, resulting in dimensional deviation. Adjusting the positioning to make the size OK
6) Design or processing error, resulting in a gap between the bending blocks. Repair welding grinding, eliminating the gap between the blocks, resulting in small bending size
7) Forming the male R angle, the bending height is smaller under the angle and other normal conditions.
8) Two-sided bending size of metal stamping parts is too large
9) Unilateral bending and pulling material cause metal stamping products dimensional instability. Increase spring force and adjust positioning
10) The gap is unreasonable, causing stamped part poor angle and dimensional deviation. Repair clearance
11) The height of the sheet metal stamping part folding knife is not enough. The folding punch is too short to cause the angle to be bad. Increase the height of the folding knife so that the bending punch can fit into the folding knife as much as possible.
12) The speed is too fast when bending, which causes the bending root to deform. Adjust the speed and choose a reasonable speed.
13) The structure is unreasonable. The folding knife is not set in the fixed template. When the folding knife is set into the template stamping, the gap becomes larger. Re-milling.
14) The hardness of the forming heat treatment is not enough, causing the pressure line to collapse.
9. No discharge material of the metal stamping parts tooling
1) Improper positioning or improper feeding. Adjust positioning or feeding device
2)Not enough space to avoid. Repair the metal stamping parts tooling to get enough space.
3) The inner guide column is strained, resulting in poor plate movement. Replace the inner guide column
4) The punch is pulled or the surface is not smooth. Replace the punch.
5) The top material pin arrangement is unreasonable. Re-set it again
6) The top ejection force is not enough, or the stripping force is not enough. Replace the top spring
7) The punch and the splint are not smooth of the metal stamping tooling. Repair plate and the splint to make the punch fit smoothly
8) The molding slider is not well matched. Repair The slider and the guide groove to make it fit smoothly.
9) The heat treatment of the plate is unreasonable. After the stamping for a period of time, the deformation is re-polished and correct the plate to correct the deformation
10) The punch is too long or the length of the ejector pin length is not enough. Increase the length of the pin or change the length of the punch.
11) The punch is broken. Replace the punch
12) The template is not demagnetized. Demagnetization.
10. Metal stamping parts Feeding is not run smooth
1) The mold is not in the right position, causing the strip is not on the same line with the feeder. Mold re-laying or adjusting the feeder
2) The belt is not flat. Adjust the leveling machine or replace the material.
3) If the material is not discharged, the feeding will not be smooth. Refer to the unloading solution.
4) Positioning is too tight. Adjust positioning
5) The pilot pin is too tight or the straight wall is too long. Adjust the pilot pin
6) The punch is not fixed or too long and interferes with the tape. Change the punch with the correct length and re-fix it.
7) The top pin is too short and the strip interferes with the formed block. Adjust the length of the top pin to avoid interference.
8) The position of the lifting block is improperly arranged. Adjust the position of the riser block
11. Poor mold riveting of the metal stamping parts
1) The mold closing height is improper and the riveting is not in place. Adjusting the closing height
2) The workpiece is not in place, positioning deviation. Adjust positioning
3) Confirmation of defective workpiece before riveting. Check the workpiece to ensure that the workpiece is ok.
4) The length of the riveting punch is not enough. Replace the punch with the appropriate length.
5) The riveting punch does not meet the requirements. Confirm and use the riveting punch that meets the requirements.
12. Missing assemble the punch header of the metal stamping products tooling
1) Install the wrong punch header of the metal stamped parts
2) The punch has no direction mark. Mark the direction of punch
13. Use Improper screw of the metal stamping products mold
1) Do not know the thickness of the template. Measure the length and thickenss of the template
2) Not careful enough, lack of experience. Use the appropriate screws
14. Disassembly and assembly the metal stamping parts mold
1) The pin holes are not wiped clean. Clean the pin and hole. When disassembling the mold, first remove the positioning pin. Using the screw to guide the pin, then disassemble the pin.
2) The order of loading and unloading the mold is incorrect. Do not hurt the pin hole when disassemble the pin.
15. Locating pin of metal stamping parts mold
1) The wall of the hole is galling during the metal stamping process. When assembling the mold, carefully check whether the hole is galling, otherwise it should be reamed to right size.
2) Pin hole offset or no escape hole for the location pin. Make the escape hole for the location pin
16. The spring of the metal stamping parts tooling is too long
1) Did not pay attention to the depth of the spring hole. Measure the depth of the spring hole and calculate the compression of the spring.
2) Not careful enough and lack of experience. Choose the right spring
Regular maintenance of sheet metal stamping equipment,
longer service life.
Why do we need to maintain sheet metal stamping press?
The maintenance of sheet metal stamping equipment is just like the maintenance of your car every time, and it also requires daily maintenance.
In order to prolong the metal stamping service life of the press and ensure the accuracy of the press, the user must properly perform the daily maintenance work of the press. Maintaining and maintaining the press not only helps to ensure the quality of sheet metal stamping parts processing, but also reduces equipment failures; it also helps to protect the operator’s personal safety and reduce the occurrence of safety accidents.
The daily maintenance of the press is mainly infiltrated by the daily work of the metal stamping operator. Routine maintenance is mainly required for metal stamping equipment operators to do in every shift:
- Check carefully before and after the class.
- Wipe all parts of the equipment, and refuel on time and quality to keep the equipment clean and lubricated.
- The equipment is used strictly in accordance with the operating procedures, and the faults are eliminated in time, and the handover work need done well.
Specifically, there are mainly the following aspects of metal stamping maintainance.
1. Before starting work of metal stamping process
- Clean up the workplace. On the press table and around the press, work-independent items must be cleaned and the workpiece and blank placed in position.
- Check the friction parts of the press and the lubrication parts for wear. The oil cup should be filled with lubricating oil. 3 Check whether the metal stamping die installation is accurate and reliable, and whether the stamping tooling cutting edge has cracks, dents and notches.
- The motor must be started after the clutch is disengaged.
- Test whether the movements of the brakes, clutches and manipulators are flexible, accurate and reliable, and do several empty strokes. After confirming that it is correct, start normal work.
2. During work
- When working, remove the stamping parts and scraps on the workbench at any time. When cleaning, use special tools such as hooks or brushes. It is strictly forbidden to remove directly by hand; during work, two sheets cannot be punched out at the same time.
- Turn the oil cup of each part by hand and fill it with oil.
- When drawing deep, care should be taken to add lubricant to deepen the drawing, and pay special attention to the cleaning of the material.
- When the press is not working properly, if the slider is abnormally dropped, there is abnormal impact sound, continuous rush, and the finished metal stamping product has burrs, etc., stop working immediately, turn off the power supply, find the faulty part, and then work properly.
3. After the metal stamping work is completed
- Separate the clutch.
- Turn off the power.
- Clear the debris on the workbench.
- Wipe the oil on the press and the die, and apply anti-rust oil on the metal stamping die and press.
Stamping parts equipments maintenance specific project
3.1 Metal Stamping parts machine maintenance project introduction
3.1.1 Air pressure of “metal stamping products” equipment
- Air piping: Check if there is any air leakage in each pipeline.
- Air valve and solenoid valve: Check whether the air valve and solenoid valve control are normal under proper operation.
- Balance cylinder: Check if the air leaks and check if there is proper lubrication.
- Die pad: Whether the air leaks, check if there is proper lubrication, and check whether the fixing screws of the die pad are loose.
- Pressure gauge: Whether the needle of the press is normal.
3.1.2 Electrical parts with sheet metal stamping parts machine
- Electrical control: check controller and operational response, problematic control. The condition of the device and operation, and the controller in question is replaced. Loose Partially tighten, check if the fuse is of proper size, check the insulation of the wire for damage, and replace the defective wire.
- Motor: Check if the fixing screws of the motor and bracket are tightened.
- Button and foot switch of stamping press: Check these switches carefully and replace them if they are bad.
- Relay: Check the wear of the contact, the loose disconnection of the knot, etc. Please take care of the maintenance carefully.
3.1.3 Lubrication system on stamping parts mold and punching
- Air lubrication component of the clutch for metal stamping mold: Eliminate all the accumulated water, check the condition of the single piece and add the lubricating oil to the correct position.
- Lubrication system for metal stamping process: Check whether the lubrication lines are broken and worn, check the fittings for loopholes, cracks and damages, and check each oil level meter to inspect the oil. Whether the height of the surface is up to standard. In normal operation, the oil-immersed gear is changed once every three months. Clean the oil tank once every six months (about 1500 hours).
3.1.4 All mechanical parts on metal stamping press
- Table: Confirm that no foreign objects are placed between the table and the bed. Make sure that the table lock screws are not loose, and confirm that the level of the table is within the tolerance.
- Clutch: Whether there is a leak, check the wear of the piece, etc.
- Drive gear: Check if the gear and key are tight, check if the gear has proper lubrication
- Adjust the slider of metal stamping press(electric type): Check if the slider motor is firmly fixed and confirm the automatic. Is there any problem with the brakes? Check if the worm and worm gear adjusted by the slider are accurate.
- Adjust the parts (manual): to check if the gears adjusted by the slider have normal lubrication. Check if the holder has a failure condition and check if the mold height indicator is accurate.
- Motor drive: check whether the motor shaft and the pulley are loose. Whether the belt and the pulley are crack wear and deformation.
- Clean the stamping press: Clean the inside and outside of the punch to remove any accumulated foreign matter.
3.2 Operation and maintenance precautions in maintenance the metal stamping parts equipment
3.2.1, Daily inspection metal stamped press essentials
It is mainly carried out before and after the daily operation, which is subject to 10 hours per day, and should be suspended for more than 10 hours.
18.104.22.168 Check item: Pre-work check
Before the main motor starts:
- Is the oil supply sufficient for each part?
Before the mechanical activities, the amount of oil in the lubricating system oil circuit must be filled. You can fill it with a handful of hand-operated buttons, and check whether the oil pipe is broken or cut. Please pay attention to the oiling parts.
- Whether the air pressure meets the specified pressure?
Whether the clutch air pressure (0.45-0.50Mpa) is sufficient, should pay attention to whether the air pressure changes or not.
- Pressure adjustment valve is abnormal
When the air pressure is introduced or the pressure is changed, it is necessary to confirm whether the secondary pressure meets the selected pressure. If the failure fails to control the selected pressure (it will rise once), the dust on the valve seat of the adjustment valve must be disassembled and washed.
- Whether the operation of the solenoid valve for clutch or brake is abnormal
The clutch is driven by the inching operation and the exhaust sound of the solenoid valve is used to verify whether the action is normal. Piping connection (joint, etc.) or clutch cylinder.
- Air pressure leaks
Check if there is any leaking air.
- Pressure vessel (including balance cylinder) water discharge
22.214.171.124 After the main motor starts for stamped press
- Check of flywheel rotation
Pay special attention to the starting condition, acceleration condition, vibration and sound (slow for more than 5 seconds). When the rotation resistance increases, the V belt will vibrate.
- Full operation check
Before the operation, confirm the presence or absence of abnormality by inching, safety—stroke, continuous operation, emergency stop, and foot-operated operation.
3.2.2, weekly inspection pressed equipment essentials
The operation rotation time is once every 60 hours. In addition to the pre-recorded daily inspection preparation requirements, the following inspection and maintenance must be carried out for metal stamping parts machines.
Inspection item: equipment
- Cleaning of the air filter
Disassemble the metal mesh inside the filter (but the on-site piping system can be implemented once every two weeks without serious water accumulation). When the filter is plugged, the air pressure cannot rise.
- Electrical equipment (PLC; contactor; relay, etc.) inspection
Loose terminals, oil, dust, etc., contact conditions and other insulation are normal, check and maintain.
- Check if there is any abnormality in the wiring
Check and maintain whether it is damaged, broken, knotted, loose, etc.
- Cleaning of various parts
Oil spills, dust, debris, etc. are removed, and the inspection is checked for crack damage.
3.2.3 Monthly inspection metal stamped parts equipment essentials
The inspection and maintenance should be carried out every 260 hours of the monthly use time. In addition to the daily and weekly equipment requirements, the following inspection and maintenance must be carried out.
Check item: equipment
- Clutch, brake stroke measurement
Whether the stroke of the clutch or brake is within the range specified in the manual, please measure the adjustment.
- V-belt tension check for main motor
The V belt is checked by hand and the tension is about 12 mm deep.
- Balance cylinder inspection
Disassemble and inspect for damage and lubrication of metal stamping press parts.
- Top dead center stop position confirmation
The top dead center stop position is inaccurate for the following reasons. Adjust according to the following conditions.:
- Although the stop position is certain, but the top dead center is not closed, the position of the micro switch should be adjusted.
- The stop position is uncertain, but when the error range is not too much, please adjust the brake stroke.
- The stop position is uncertain, but if the error range is too much, please adjust the cam fixing screw or related contact parts.
Inspection the equipments during metal stamping process
- Pay attention to the oil supply status of each part
- Pay attention to air pressure changes
- Cleaning, cleaning, and inspection of all parts
- During the metal stamping operation, please pay attention to the oil supply status at any time. The manual or automatic oil pump works normally, and the oil flow from the oil distributor is normal for each oil path. Do not cause heating damage to the guide rail of the crankshaft bearing sliders due to oil failure.(Except for motor heating, the temperature is limited to 60 ° C or less.)
- During the stamping operation, always pay attention to the pressure gauge to indicate that the pressure is within the normal range, to avoid the working pressure is too low, and the machine tool continues to be used, resulting in clutch damage.
- The locking bolts should be tightened to discharge the dirty water and release the air pressure of the air cylinder. At the same time, all parts should be cleaned and the inspection should be checked for cracks or damage.
3.2.4 Annual inspection of the whole Metal stamping machine essentials
Each year, the whole machine is inspected and maintained in 3000 hours. In addition to the various inspection items recorded before, the following inspection and maintenance must be carried out. Due to the different working conditions of each machine tool, the wear and damage of each part are different. Therefore, it is necessary to have skilled maintenance. Personnel or professional service personnel are required to assist in the implementation of thorough inspection and maintenance.
Check item: sheet metal stamping equipment
- Precision check
The slider guide gap 0.03mm is added up to not more than 0.08mm.
Verticality of the metal stamping tooling (the verticality of the sliding stroke to the plane of the tabletop):
0.03/100 (nominal force ≤ 630KN); 0.04/100 ((nominal force >630~2500).
Parallelism of the stamping mould (parallelism of the smooth bottom surface to the plane of the table):
0.02 0.06/1000×L2 (50 TONS or less); 0.03 0.08/1000×L2 (50-250 TONS).
Comprehensive clearance of stamping parts tooling(0.7m/m) or less (50-250 TONS):
L2: slider (front and rear, left and right) width (m / m); L3: stroke length (m/m)
- Clutch, brake decomposition check
- Solenoid valve inspection
- Are the basic screws checked for looseness?
- Inspection of electrical components
- The wear amount of the friction lining, the inspection and measurement of the wear condition, the degree of wear of the inner and outer flank surfaces, the inspection of the degree of friction of the spring and the inner surface of the cylinder, and the repair or replacement of defective or damaged parts.
- Whether the metal stamping operating condition is normal, whether the coil is burnt or not, the spring must be checked for abnormality, and it must be repaired or replaced when the problem is detected.
- Please lock the foundation screws.
- Check the PLC and relay contacts, loosen the wires, disconnect the wires, etc., and carefully carry out maintenance.
3.3 Electrical part maintenance checking for metal stamping press
3.3.1, Daily maintenance matters with custom metal stamping
- Is the punching operation stop position normal?
- In the cam sending box, the proximity switch and the cam are fixed and the gap is normal.
- Rotating cam switch, whether the transmission mechanism of each part is worn or loose.
- Emergency stop button, whether the action is normal.
3.3.2, Monthly maintenance matters for custom metal stamping process
Cam mailing box inspection
- Is the fixing screw loose?
- Is the distance between the cam and the proximity switch detection surface appropriate?
- cam and proximity switch, whether there is water, oil or dust and other debris attached.
Operation button switch check
- Whether the joint has oil and dust attached.
- Is there any oily dirt and dust on the sliding part, and the movement is smooth?
The electromagnetic valve check
- Whether there is foreign matter in the coil and exhaust part.
- Is there any discoloration in the coil part?
- Check if the O-ring is damaged and the movement is smooth.
3.3.3, Metal stamping parts presses Every half years of maintenance matters
- Check all kinds of safety devices and check whether the action is true.
- Is the solenoid valve switch normal?
- Inspection of important relays.
- In the wire connection socket, whether the wire welding part is working normally.
- Does the pressure switch part operate normally with machine?
- Inspection of each terminal.
3.3.4, Annual maintenance matters of custom metal stamping manufacturer
Once a year, the general inspection, the following items, to confirm whether it is normal, in order to prevent accidents during stamping production process, it is best to replace them regularly.
- Important relays.
- Electrical pressed components such as micro switches with high operating frequency.
- operation button, emergency stop button (usually used)
3.3.5, Other maintenance matters for custom metal stamping parts quality
- In addition to the mechanical and electrical sheet metal stamping parts inspection methods of the general machine tools mentioned above, if there are special additional devices (such as air cushions, mechanical feeding, etc.), they should be inspected regularly.
- The electrical parts are most afraid of dust and oil. It is absolutely impossible to open or remove the door.
- Replace the metal stamped parts and pay attention to the fixing, and after the test, you must first test the operation, and then confirm that there is no problem, the machine can work.
- If the machine is used frequently, the time for checking the interval should be shortened, especially the clutch components and special attention.
- The manufacturer of each electrical component has a description of its life. In actual use, attention should be paid to the frequency of work and the working environment. Check and replace it frequently to avoid accidents. The Project life:
- Electromagnetic switch Motor life is 500,000 times (or one year)
- Auxiliary electric cymbal Mechanical life 500,000 times (or one year)
- Push button switch 5 million times (or one year)
- Micro switch 20 million times (or two years)
- Counter 5 million times (or two years)
- Solenoid valve 3 million times (or one year)
(The above metal stamping service life, each manufacturer is different, for reference only)
- The rotary cam switch has been adjusted before leaving the factory, please do not adjust it arbitrarily.